Translator (homepage) > You are reading:
HOW to learn a new language FAST
(read all the 14 points!)
1. Speak with a native speaker at least two days a week.
2. Speak the language from day one. Speak!
3. Don't be afraid to make mistakes.
4. Don't worry too much about grammar. Learn how to talk first. The specifics of grammar will come later.
5. Study the language every day. Every day!
6. Watch movies and videos in your new language.
7. Read in your new language.
8. Write in your new language (your personal notes, for instance).
9. Listen to podcasts and songs in your new language.
10. Change your language settings on all your gadgets.
11. Visit a country where your chosen language is spoken.
12. Learning vocabulary, focus on 100 most common words. Then on 1000 most common words.
13. Focus on the vocabulary that is most relevant to you, your profession and lifestyle.
14. Set specific goals in your studies. Set deadlines.
If you follow these 14 guidelines, you'll learn language faster. Do it!